Company Secretarial Services
Complementing our financial management services, Insight Associates operates a company secretarial service for the majority of its clients. This comprehensive service ensures that all day to day compliance and reporting obligations are dealt with.
Company Secretarial services include*:
- Provision of a Registered Office facility
- Insight Nominees Limited, our nominee company, acting as the Company Secretary
- Holding and maintaining the statutory books
- Dealing with the Annual Return
- Prompting you about key compliance dates (filing of Annual Accounts etc.)
- Performing various routine changes of officers and members
- Preparing and filing “Elective Resolutions”, if required
- Other more complex company structural changes
- Incorporation of new companies, if required
- A quarterly check with the register maintained at Companies House of any companies incorporated with similar names and advising you of this. Thus enabling an objection to the name to be filed if appropriate.
- Annual Report of the details held on the company's register.
*(depending on subscription level)
Your legal obligations
The obligations placed on the officers of a company to maintain various statutory records and fulfill various compliance and reporting duties are often not fully understood or given priority and are therefore neglected. These obligations are prescribed by The Companies Act 1985 and imposed upon the officers of a company who are principally the directors and secretary.
Failure to comply with these can result in fines both for the company and the officers concerned. Persistent failure could ultimately lead to an individual being banned from being a company director. Compliance with these obligations is also taken into account by a Liquidator in the event of a company's failure and would weigh in any recommendation to the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry for a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986.
Every week, Garry Mumford of Insight Associates chats to Mark at the Business Hub – listen to the podcasts here.